Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Having relapsing headache. It concentrates around the fore

Having relapsing headache. It concentrates around the fore head. And causes the eyes to ache. Have treated for peptic ulcer, treated for malaria, and now using daily Levothyroxine because of slightly lower T3 of 0.53. Felt better during the malaria treatment but symptoms returned just after completing the treatment. I have done eyes examination and have been prescribed correction glasses but every evening is always with headache.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Since how long are you having this headache?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

What was the level of your TSH?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Welcome to live chat services on this website.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please answer the questions that I have stated above.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Customer:

Is been on and off for about 6 months. But is becoming unbearable in the last 3 days.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

For how long does an episode last? Have you have had this kind of headache before?

Customer:

What is tsh? Does that refers to the tyroid results?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

There are three things on a thyroid function:
T3, T4, TSH.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The most important of which is TSH.

Customer:

Ok; the tsh was 4, while the to was 72

Dr. Shahzad MD :

okay, the TSH is still slightly on the higher side which means that your levothyroxine may need to be increased further.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Now regarding the headache, for how long does an episode of headache last?

Customer:

Could that be responsible for the headache and the pain in the eyes?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Thats unlikely.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I do not think thats causing your pain and other causes should be considered.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that the most common cause of a headache that you are having is migraine.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Another cause of such headache would be cluster headache.

Customer:

The headache usually starts in the late afternoon and is gone by early morning next day

Dr. Shahzad MD :

A neurologist would be the best person to evaluate these problems.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The three main possibilities are:
Migraine
Cluster headache (which is unsual at your age)
Tension headache.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

These causes should be considered and ruled out.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The best person to get in contact with would be a neurologist.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you been to a neurologist for this?

Customer:

No. Not yet

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I certainly do think that you do need to consult a neurologist for further evaluation of your headache.

Customer:

I will do some checking to know where I can get one

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that you should try and find one there by calling your GP or doctors office.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you with me?

Customer:

I will thanks

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Tip/bonus is always appreciated.
Good bye :)

Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine