Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hi, I am an American living in England. I have many of the

Hi, I am an American living in England. I have many of the systems of Lupus.
Fatigue: Lupus causes mild to extreme fatigue. Even mild cases of lupus make it hard to do daily activities and exercise. Increased fatigue is a classic sign that a symptom flare is about to occur.
I have: joint and muscle pain especially in my hands and feet, no one seems to know why I have this pain. They have told me I have fybromyalgia. I have morning stiffness and have to walk a little to loosen up. I also have pain in my elbows, and ankles.
Skin problems: I get a more bright red color on my face but not exactly a rash on my cheeks and nose. I also get rashes on my scalp and arm. These are worse when I am in the sun.
Sometimes I run weird fevers, and feel really tired but doctors can't figure out what is causing it. I wish I could lose weight for no reason, but that doesn't seem to be a problem for me.
I do have the swollen glands and I get sores in my mouth
Swollen glands: Over time, people with lupus may get swollen lymph glands during a flare.
I have headaches too.

Please understand I don't want to have Lupus, but I would like to find out what is causing me to feel bad and find a way to feel better. My daughter and cousin have Lupus. They do blood work in the states and mine doesn't ever come back as a sign of lupus. The antinuclear antibody test. I have been checked over the years for lymes disease, hepatitis A, B, & C and all kinds of things. One time they said I had a virus in my blood that was cycling but no one could tell me what it was. I just thought maybe here I could get some help with these symptoms.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

This does sound like fibromyalgia.

Do you question this diagnosis and if so why?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, because I have the sores in my mouth and pain in my joints. I thought fibromyalgia was just muscle pain. I also have the unexplained fevers too. I feel like I am a

hypochondriac

and that is what they tell us now that we have fibromyalgia and they can't do anything about it. Just rest. So how is that different from Lupus? Thre is just no hope I guess. I am just going to feel bad the rest of my life.

It is nice I can say these things, I would never say them in person.

No problem Sue.

I am happy to let you vent here.

Have you seen a rheumatologist?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did a long time ago about 12 years. he is the one who said it was fibromyalgia. He thought Lupus too, but they couldn't make the blook work come out the way they thought it should. I just want to feel better.

sometimes the blood work doesn't reflect the disease

It can take the blood a while to "catch up"

I recommend you have repeat blood testing done.

Lupus may show at this time
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.