Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My food feels like it is stuck in my throat. I just ate a salad

My food feels like it is stuck in my throat. I just ate a salad with half a boiled egg and mini potatoes. My diet has changed in the past two weeks and I am eating clean. I used to suffer from severe heartburn but it has dramatically gone down after changing eating habits.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can you tell me more about exactly what's happening?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just feels like its stuck at bottom of throat. Drank water but no relief. Trying to burp finding it hard
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Is this just now happening Zack?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yep
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
So the water went down fine? No gagging or choking?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nope
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Well since this is the first time it really shouldn't be anything serious like an esophageal stricture. It's probably more of a reflux problem and you've got some irritation in the throat and upper esophagus. You might try an antacid or something like Zantac for today but I don't think the feeling will last all that long. If by chance it's still bothering you tomorrow, have a doctor take a look at your throat