DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Good day Dr. I am aged 49 years and have this black oval shape

Good day Dr. I am aged 49 years and have this black oval shape spot on my central vision about a month ago in my left eye. Although there is no pain or itches nor is there any watery substance coming out of it but it's affecting my reading, driving and seeing in general . My central vision on target is zero but a blurry or cloudy vision on the peripherals of the same left eye. Sir,what is the cause and treatment. Am scared. Thank you XXXXX
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
How long have you had this
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not yet seen the answer to my question on the eye problem. The problem started on 13th or 14th of February, 2014, when I on woked up in the morning and felt as if my eye lashes fell in to my left eye as it sometimes does happen. With a little scrubbing with my hand it clears. But this very one persist for about four/five days when I noticed a black oval shape on target of focus. thank you.

Mamman Dogonyaro

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
The question sat in another category until I was alerted to it.
I have nothing to do with the delay as it is a new question to me.

This is potentially serious.

Potential causes
Glaucoma
Cataract
Macular degeneration

Ischemia and vascular diseases.

So this needs prompt examination.
Go to any eye clinic , opthalmologist that you can.

This is not home diagnosis and treatment.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please to not forget a positive rating.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What possible treatment/drugs and surgery do you think could be administered to me.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It depends on what they find.
Macular degeneration, maybe laser, for example.
Diabetes...treat the diabetes.
Glaucoma, medications...or surgery.

Please to not forget a positive rating.