Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Hi, Ive been very anxious about this so am trying to get

I've been very anxious about this so am trying to get a couple of opinions. 3 1/2 weeks ago I potentially ate some bad yogurt. I've had blood counts , stool samples and a stool sample listeria test which have all come back clear . A culture wasn't done because they didn't see a need . The serology for listeria is no longer done in nhs hospitals but they reassured me that the stool sample is accurate.

I still feel unwell ; no fever but stuffy nose and muscle fatigue . I hadn't been sleeping well . 21 weeks pregnant and had been feeling the baby move every day since week 18 but much reduced yesterday and nothing today.

I don't have diarrhea as such , just a couple of loose stools a day.
I just want to feel better. Any advice?
Thank you. I have ocd which has become really bad over all this but whilst I still feel poorly I want to find out what exactly is going on. My husband has had diarrhea and shivering over the last week so that might explain that part?

Thank you for your help. This seems to be dragging on and I want to feel better. If I had the test and then felt better I wouldn't be worrying.

Kat
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

http://www.cdc.gov/listeria/sources.html

Heres a link from the cdc. While listeria is connected with unpasteurized milks and cheese, its not due to spoiled yogurt.

Stool samples are of limited utility. Serology is not useful at all. Diagnosis is made from blood or fluid culture.