Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

slight discomforrt lower left groin area no bulge but like

slight discomforrt lower left groin area no bulge but like ingual hernia
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.First I need a little more information-

Since how long you have these symptoms?
Do you have any pain in inguinal area(groin)?
Is there any bulge in groin upon coughing?

I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

on and off for 8 weeks worse after gardening no bulge or pain ingual area more discomfort i am aware of it

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The discomfort in groin area you are having since last 8 weeks can be due to various causes.The most common cause is muscle strain.

Other causes can be inguinal hernia,bursitis, enlarged lymph glands, orchitis (inflammation of the testicle) Epididymitis (inflammation of the epididymis),muscle strain, Sprains and strains, urinary tract infection, pinched nerve.

Dysfunction of other body parts may also lead to groin pain. This is known as referred pain or radiating pain.

You need following tests:

-Ultrasound or other scan
-Urinalysis
-Physical clinical examination

As you have only one symptom-that is discomfort in groin,so without examination & tests,it is quite difficult to narrow down the diagnosis.I hope you understand.

Muscle strain seems to be the probable cause.

So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Till than take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert