Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Hi, The Gastroenterologist prescribed me Meberverine/Fybogel

Hi, The Gastroenterologist prescribed me Meberverine/Fybogel and this is my third day of taking it, yesterday morning I woke up with a small spots all over my body, extremely itchy and sore. My lymph node at the back of my ear is enlarged, I called my General Practitioner and he advised to stop the medication and go to the chemist to get anti histamine, which I have taken I have bought 10mg tablet and took 2 today but still no help yet, my blood pressure is 148/87 and pulse 103, and feverish. I woke up this morning and the spots are away but its turned into a rash and its spreaded from yesterday, is that it dying out or getting worse

I am still waiting on an answer to this question

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

This may be a rare but serious reaction to the meberverine. There are case reports of syndrome of rash, fever, arthritis, and low platelets. You need to see a Dr and will need more intensive treatment. Its not necessarily an allergic reaction but may respond to prednisone. Please make an appointment to see your GP or go to an urgent care clinic.