Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

ok my menstrual cycle ended about a week ago

Customer Question

ok my menstrual cycle ended about a week ago and I am bleeding and having bad cramps and I don't think I am pregnant I had my tubes tied what could this be

Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.

How regular have your periods been lately?
Did your last period come when expected?
Have you had much stress lately? Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my periods are always on time since I got my tubes tied and I am not stressed out about anything

When was the last time you had a pelvic exam?
Is there any chance of an STD? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no chance of an STD been with same partner for 6 years and I had one done bout year ago I know my old obgyn told me that I tested positive for pre cervical cancer and had to have a leap done

Bleeding and cramps a week after your period ends is unusual. It shouldn't be a hormonal problem, since you've been having regular periods. It might be from fibroids, but that's somewhat unusual at age 27. It could be from an STD, but that seems highly unlikely. It's also highly unlikely that it's from pregnancy, since you've had your tubes tied, plus bleeding a week after a period is not suggestive of pregnancy.

I don't think this has anything to do with the abnormal Pap smear or LEEP, since that should be cured.

So it's very hard to even have a good idea what could be causing your bleeding and cramping. I would recommend seeing your doctor. Perhaps an exam can help figure out what the cause is.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could cyst on my ovaries cause the cramps and the bleeding

No. An ovarian cyst won't cause cramps or bleeding. Sometimes an ovarian cyst is associated with hormonal changes, which could cause the cramps and bleeding, but with regular periods and no missed periods, hormonal changes are very unlikely.
Thank you for your payment, rating, and the generous bonus!