Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Fast breathing sweating and upset tummy.new inhaler fostair

Customer Question

Fast breathing sweating and upset tummy.new inhaler fostair given to me this friday
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Do you mean that these symptoms developed after starting the inhaler?

I had asked for some clarification and have not heard back, so will assume that this is the sequence of events.

The Fostair is a combination drug, and one of the two drugs is more likely to be the culprit for the onset of these symptoms, specifically the formoterol. However, it is possible to develop such symptoms from any inhaler. The usual approach would be to try a different inhaler, and I prefer to switch to inhalers that use only a single drug, so that it can be clear whether someone is responding adversely to any specific drug. The single inhaler that I would start with would be a steroid inhaler and then an anticholinergic inhaler.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.