Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have been on Felopine 10mg and have been told that the edema

I have been on Felopine 10mg and have been told that the edema in my legs and feet are due to this medication .After stopping medication how long before swelling disappears. I am a woman aged 63.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Yes, Felodipine does cause peripheral edema as one of its most notorious side effects. If the edema is solely due to the Felodipine then it can take almost a week for it to go away.
Peripheral edema is one of the factors that compliance with this medicine is not good and about 3 to 5 percent of the patients who are prescribed this medication ask for substitution.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more queries, I can answer them as well.
Best.