Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

HiI have noticed some little white bumps on one fold of my

I have noticed some little white bumps on one fold of my labia minora. They are not anywhere else, just in the one fold. It almost looks fungus like. They do not itch & are not causing any other symptoms. I only noticed it after feeling it was a bit rough & then inspecting further.

I am sexually active with a couple of partners. I did have an sti check about 6 weeks ago and was clear of everything apart from mycoplasma hominis & ureaplasma urealyticum. I took antibiotics at the time (ordered online) but was later told by my gp that they wouldn't usually treat these things. I haven't been tested again so it's possible I may have contracted something else.

However, I'm sure I felt the roughness a little while ago prior to the sti test but thought it was related to waxing & maybe I'd waxed too much in a sensitive area.

I do have candida & wondered if it was anything to do with this as it looks like fungus
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

It could be candida. But if it is not itchy, then that is not likely.

It could also be folliculitis from waxing. This is a benign condition and would go away on its own.

Molluscum contagiousum is a std that looks like white pimples with a red area around them. Sometimes they itch. They appear in clusters. A Dr can make that diagnosis often just by looking.

Hope this helps