How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.M.D.Mazumdar Your Own Question
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9086
Experience:  MBBS.MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar is online now

Im a 40 year old male. I think Im starting to have erectile

Resolved Question:

I'm a 40 year old male. I think I'm starting to have erectile problems, and I have experience a decrease in penus size. What do I do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 3 years ago.

Welcome adn thank you for the question. Can have more details please?

- Do you have any medical conditions like diabetes, high cholesterol level, high blood pressure etc?

- What medicines are you on now?

- Are you unable to get any erection at all? Since when? Do you get a n erection on masturbation?

- Do you have any relationship problems or are under stress due to any cause?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No health conditions, on no medications I can get one through masturbation, and also one maybe during sex but not a strong one and my length has definitely decreased in size. Not under any stress and no relationship problems

Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the reply.

Difficulty in maintaining an erection or getting one is mainly due to two causes - one is stress and the second one is a problem with the blood flow to the penis. A problem with the blood flow can also cause an apparent decrease in the size of the penis.

Decreased blood flow can occur due to a plaque in the blood vessels which affect the blood flow - this is usually due to a high cholesterol or lipid level.

A problem with the nerves to the blood vessels of or the tissues can also cause erectile dysfunction (ED). Diabetes is a common condition which can cause neuropathy and ED.

Please consult a urologist for a complete checkup.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I already was preparing to consult a urologist and you have just confirmed my thoughts. Thank you for your insight and now I know to proceed with my plans.

Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 3 years ago.
You are welcome. Please click om a positive feedback to leave feedback. Let me know if I can help you further.
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you