Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS.MD
1725470

Im a 40 year old male. I think Im starting to have erectile

I'm a 40 year old male. I think I'm starting to have erectile problems, and I have experience a decrease in penus size. What do I do?
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 3 years ago.

Welcome adn thank you for the question. Can have more details please?

- Do you have any medical conditions like diabetes, high cholesterol level, high blood pressure etc?

- What medicines are you on now?

- Are you unable to get any erection at all? Since when? Do you get a n erection on masturbation?

- Do you have any relationship problems or are under stress due to any cause?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No health conditions, on no medications I can get one through masturbation, and also one maybe during sex but not a strong one and my length has definitely decreased in size. Not under any stress and no relationship problems

Anthony,

Thank you for the reply.

Difficulty in maintaining an erection or getting one is mainly due to two causes - one is stress and the second one is a problem with the blood flow to the penis. A problem with the blood flow can also cause an apparent decrease in the size of the penis.

Decreased blood flow can occur due to a plaque in the blood vessels which affect the blood flow - this is usually due to a high cholesterol or lipid level.

A problem with the nerves to the blood vessels of or the tissues can also cause erectile dysfunction (ED). Diabetes is a common condition which can cause neuropathy and ED.

Please consult a urologist for a complete checkup.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I already was preparing to consult a urologist and you have just confirmed my thoughts. Thank you for your insight and now I know to proceed with my plans.

You are welcome. Please click om a positive feedback to leave feedback. Let me know if I can help you further.