Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I have a painless red blister mark on my under the foreskin.

I have a painless red blister mark on my penis under the foreskin. It is soft to touch. I have had it about 4 weeks. It doesnt its. I have been with the same sexual partner for 3 years now and would doubt i would of got it off my girlfriend as she is pregnant at the moment. I had thrush about 4 months ago and treated it with flucazole. Could it be thrush again or something else?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-

Do you have associated itching/ irritation on affected part?
Any white discharge through penis?
How long back you had sex? Has this developed after sex?
Are you taking any medications at this time?
Associated bump/ blister on penis?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No ittching or irritation and no discharge. I have regular sex with my girlfriend so its hard to say if it came up after sex ! Im taking no medication for this blister
Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.

Most likely this is related with a fungal infection.
It could also be related with bacterial infection of the penis, called balanitis.
You can apply clotrimazole cream two times a day on affected part. Also take anti-histamine tablet Zyrtec once a day. Usually such symptoms get resolve in 5-7 days. Also a course of oral anti-fungal medication should be given.
Also you should get blood sugar test to rule out underlying diabetes mellitus.

Yes, yeast infection can re-occur in men.
Men with diabetes are more susceptible to yeast infections.
Maintain proper hygiene, and wear loose undergarments.

Your sexual partner, should also be checked at the same time. Even though, she don't have any visible symptoms, but clinical evaluation is necessary.
As such, it doesn't sound to be related with STD.

For peace of mind, please get it checked from your doctor.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Could you rule out genital warts then? It is sort to touch.
Thanks for asking follow up question. I am happy to answer you further.
Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Well, Genital wart is associated with these symptoms-
-Small, flesh-colored or gray swellings
-Itching or discomfort
-Also they can get together and take on a cauliflower shape
-Bleeding during sex

These warts develop, within two to three months of developing an HPV infection. If you have such warts, then your partner should also have developed such symptoms.

Though chances of such warts are slim, still a clinical evaluation by doctor in necessary.

Please get it checked from your doctor.

I hope this helps.

If you are satisfied, Then please rate the advice you've received so that I receive credit for helping you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is genital warts more hard to touch then? Is it true genital warts can go unnoticed for months or even years?
Dear Customer,

Well, Genital warts are skin colored or whitish rough surfaced bumps or growths.
Often warts are not noticed because they are small and/or painless.
Sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference between warts and normal bumps on the genital areas.
Yes, they are usually hard to touch.

To make you more clear, Warts will appear three to six months after infection but latency periods of many months or even years have been reported in some cases. Yes, sometimes, they may go unnoticed even for years, and are detected only during physical examination.

Please get it checked from your doctor.

I hope this helps.

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So im guessing its just recurring thrush. Is that possible even if my penis isnt itchy? And regarding the cream and tablet will it be ok to take them to see if it clears up?
Dear Customer,

Yes, it is possible that one may only have red patch on penis without associated itching.
Yeast thrives in warm moist areas like the penis, behind the scrotum.

Yes, I would suggest, that you can start with anti-fungal cream and oral tablets, and see if it clears up.
Please start this treatment, and get a clinical evaluation from your doctor.

May God Bless You!!