Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am 58 two weeks ago I woke feeling fluey, aches pains tired,

I am 58 two weeks ago I woke feeling fluey, aches pains tired, anyway I live alone but my daughter was home for the weekend and suggested I call the out of hours doctors as I had a temp 102, an appointment was setup and the doctor prescribed amoxicillin, by Thursday I thought I was recovering however I developed a nasty cough that would not let me rest, my local doctor came she prescribed ventalin and some steroids to half the mucus. The doctor asked me have you always been so thin, I told her yes I have always been skinny my sister too, she remarked it could be a thyroid problem have you ever been checked, I said no. I think I looked thinner because I have clothes that used to belong to my older brother who was a much bigger man than me; coincidently it makes me look like I am ill. Anyway I was told to go for a blood test and an ECG and wait to speak to the doctor after wards. The doctor said your heart rate is slightly high 100, I said well I am ill with this chest infection, I’m going to put you on some heart pills Propranolol 40mg one 3 times a day and Carbimazola 5mg 3 tablets once a day. I said I don’t think I need any of this until we have dealt with the infection first. I did take 2 Propranolol one in the evening and the other the next morning, I felt awful I mean awful so I have not taken anymore, to say my confidence in this practice is nil, I really don’t want to go back to them they have scared me with their flippant attitude with my body and life. The flu and infection has now just about cleared no thanks to them, my cough is much better and my breathing is better.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Its good to know that you are feeling better.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

What is your main concern right now? I mean what is the main concern that you wish me to address?

Customer:

well I now feel more my oldself but I feel that the doctors who I have been dealing with have got it all wrong, they refused to take on board my concerns just sort of railroaded me into what the had decided

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I understand.

Customer:

To be honest they have scared so much

Dr. Shahzad MD :

No need to be scared really.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

What are you scared of?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I mean whats going on in your mind now?

Customer:

The fact that although I kept saying I have always been a thin person , they just would not listen, it seemed they had got it into there heads that It was thyroid and just do as your told

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I understand your concerns and I think that the doctors were a bit rude with you.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

However, having said that, just to be ultrasafe i would still have a routine blood work up to be sure.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Thyroid function is a routine test.

Customer:

Ok thank you doctor I think maybe I'll find another praxtise to deal with

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Tip/bonus is always appreciated.
Good bye :)