DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am 64 years old female and an ex flight crew. In such that

I am 64 years old female and an ex flight crew. In such that i have enjoyed good facial skin over the years with access to good skin care products. Four months ago I developed a redness on my chin with underlying red spots which never harden or come to the surface. Initially I had tightness and sometimes it was itchy. I have seen three doctors who have diagnosed fungal, bacterial, rosacea and acne. I have been given appropriate creams, face washes and liquids for acne. My chin is exactly the same as four months ago. Now the doctor wants to prescribe antibiotics for three months which I do not want to take. He says that he can refer me to a dermatologist but this will take three months and i may be refused due to (in his opinion) a condition not severe enough. I have normal rosacea around my nose. I am now covering up chin with makeup which is now flaking with dryness. Many thanks maggie
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
What is your question?

Have you had metrogel?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am not too sure what this is. is it a cream. most of the creams that have been prescribed have been made in belguim.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It is a cream with metronitrogel
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i do not think that this has been prescribed but i can't be totally sure.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
This would typically be very effective for rosacea when other creams are not.

Have you actually seen a dermatologist?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no - my doctor thinks that my referral will be denied due to the lack of severity. i feel that it is fairly severe but he refuses to take it seriously. the words economics and politics spring to mind. do you think the rosacea is on my chin?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Yes it can be on your chin.
If your doctor has failed so many times, your visit is justified.
Put the request in writing: state that you are afraid of permanent damage.
That should get some results.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please to not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please can you recommend in the interim a cream that i can purchase in this country which will help me. in your opinion the best one on the market.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
There is no over the counter cream I would recommend.
I have told you a cream above, but that has to be based on exam.
Please to not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok. i have found this product on line. i feel quite disappointed with my doctor and this problem has left me quite low. thanks for advice anyway.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You are welcome anytime
Any questions.
Please to not forget a positive rating.