Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi there im an 18 year old female and I hope you can come

Hi there i'm an 18 year old female and I hope you can come up with some advice or help for me. I dont know who to talk to about my problem.
Right okay a few months back I lost my virginity to my boyfriend at the time, but it wasn't my choice, I didn't really want to. But anyway it happened, but it didnt hurt.
Anyway we broke up and now I'm going out with this other guy and every time we have sex I dont feel good afterwards. I get no pleasure out of it. So everytime he wants to I say no becuase it just doesn't do anything for me, he doesnt react well becuase he doesnt understand how I feel and its making me depressed.
Why dont I get any pleasure out of it?! I dont understand! Sex is suppose to be pleasureable, fun etc... but i just feel like shit every time. What do i do? Can I get some advice?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--this is a delicate question but have you ever masturbated to climax?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I have.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Saskia. Then we don't have a truly medical problem like a hormone problem here. What you need to do here is see a psychologist for some cognitive behavioral therapy that will resolve the problem for you. Actually a fair number of women have this problem and it's basically your subconscious telling you that it's wrong to feel pleasure with sex--kind of a guilt trip you didn't cause and didn't ask for. With the right therapy you won't have this problem any more