Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I was prescribed xanax for anxiety syptoms last year and was

I was prescribed xanax for anxiety syptoms last year and was recieving b12 injections for v low b12 low iron, then b12 was too high so told to stop injections, lately I am suffering from daily tension headaches and at night I'm experiencing palpitations and anxiety attacks and have to get up out of bed, I have a funny feeling in the left side of my neck and into my left brest which can feel like wind, but it frightens me, I am worried it could be my heart causing the problems
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-

Do you suffer from breathing discomfort?
Numbness in left arm/ shoulder?
Do you feel heaviness in left side of chest?
Does such symptoms become severe with deep breath?
Do you suffer from severe emotional stress ?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No discomfort when breathing, can feel shoulder tension but not numb, it feels more my breast than actual chest, not severe emotional stress. I am beginning to miss periods too wondering am I beginning the change of life and could these symtoms be an indication of this?

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.

Well, most of your symptoms are related with anxiety issue.
Feeling of heaviness in chest, shoulder tension could be related with anxiety issue.

One would experience tenderness on scalp, neck and shoulder muscles during tension headache.
According to studies, Stress is the most commonly reported trigger for tension headaches.

Tension headache is the most common type of headache.It can be caused by tightened muscles in the back of the neck and scalp or in most cases the cause is unknown.

To treat tension headache you would need these medications-
1. Pain relievers like aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB).
2. You may need Combination medications like Aspirin or acetaminophen or both which is combined with caffeine or a sedative drug in a single medication.
3. If required Triptans and narcotics can also be prescribed.

Missing periods, is common with stressful periods.
It could also be indicative of starting your menopause.
It can start by missing a period during a month, then again getting it on the second month. The number of missed period may increase until it stops altogether.
The average age of menopause is 51 years old. But most women reach menopause between the ages of 45 and 55 years.

You may need a blood test to check for the level of the hormones estrogen and LH.

Yes, you would need Xanax prescription, as this would resolve anxiety issue. Accurate dosage for Xanax can be adjusted by your doctor.

One should avoid caffeine, alcohol. You should get engaged in aerobic exercise and stress-management techniques like deep breathing and yoga.

I am sure, your symptoms are not related with heart disease, No need to get panic. Please don't take stress.
For peace of mind, you can get examined from doctor.

I would recommend that you visit your Family physician for evaluation and get it managed.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician