DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi, I hope this comes under the orthopedics section. Its

Customer Question

Hi, I hope this comes under the orthopedics section.
It's been more than a year now that I have this muscle pain on my adductor. I only feel the pain when I try to stretch my adductor though - at no other times. The pain can vary over time. There are times when I might feel it's getting better but at other times it can hurt a lot by just sitting down and spreading out my legs(when my flexibility is very good).
I had an ultrasound scan yesterday which showed that the muscle looks fine. There's not any tear or anything according to the doctor. So I'm wondering what else might be causing all this pain...

Thanks, Evie
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Evie,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Which adductor?

What area of the body

What does the exam show?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The adductor of my right leg. It's the top part of the leg(from the knee up) on the inside of the leg.

I haven't talked with my GP about the exam yet but the doctor at the hospital who did the scan said the muscle looked just fine. It must be a very tight muscle he said but I wouldn't think that a tight muscle could cause all this pain.

And yes I'll wait for some insight on this issue.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You have had no scan then
of the lower spine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, had a scan only of the part of the leg that I feel the pain.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
My suggestion is that you see a non invasive orthopedist.
This doctor specializes in physical medicine.
This can be a problem in
The discs of the lower spine.
the hip

And the pain and tightness can actually start in these areas.
The correct treatment is the correct physical therapy.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please to not forget a positive rating.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hmm ok thanks!

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Basically; it will be L1 to L5, somewhere in there, that is the problem, more like l1 tol l3.

There can be pelvic rotation, and other problems.

Please to not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What do you mean by L1 to L5?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
The lumbar vertabra and disc spaces.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok so basically they are parts of the spine.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Yes
The lower spine goes into the sacrum, which is the center of the pelvis.
Nerve roots to the thigh come out of this complex.
Please to not forget a positive rating.