Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

my daughter has contacted me from abroad she says she has small

my daughter has contacted me from abroad she says she has small amounts of bleeding when she passes urine it has a strong smell and it is not her period time
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Hasan :

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you.

Dr. Hasan :

I am sorry to hear about her problem.

Dr. Hasan :

Has she passed blood in the urine?

Customer:

she has small amounts of blood coming out of her this past week

Dr. Hasan :

Does she has any abdominal pain?

Customer:

i am just asking her now

Dr. Hasan :

ok

Customer:

she might be at work now but she did not mention pain she only said it has a bad smell

Dr. Hasan :

Does she has any diagnosed medical problem?

Customer:

no

Dr. Hasan :

Thanks a lot for your input.

Dr. Hasan :

I am sorry to hear about all this.

Dr. Hasan :

As per symptoms this is likely to be a urinary tract infection. This can be secondary to a kidney or urinary bladder stone.

Dr. Hasan :

She must visit a doctor to get her urine R/E and urine culture test. Moreover she must get an ultrasound of her urinary tract.

Dr. Hasan :

Till she visit you can suggest her to drink cranberry juice which can be really helpful in such situations.

Dr. Hasan :

Ask her to avoid anything like ibuprofen or aspirin.

Dr. Hasan :

If she has any pain, she can take tylenol.

Customer:

thank you this is helpful i will get her to visit a clinic asap

Dr. Hasan :

But ask her not to stress herself because anything serious with a short history of one week and at her age is not likely at all.

Dr. Hasan :

You are most welcome. I wish her good luck that she gets well soon. You also relax and don't worry, she is going to be ok.

. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Dr. Hasan :

Are you with me?

Customer:

yes

Dr. Hasan :

Is there anything I can help you with?

Customer:

no thats all my questions now thank you i was hoping my daughter could see your response and if she had any other question i could get an answer so i will stay another we while and rate you when i sign out ok

Dr. Hasan :

Ok no problem. It's up to you but if you rate now, you can ask me anything even after that by just visiting this page. I will get an email and will answer you. Just mentioned for your convenience, otherwise do as you want, all up to you :)

Customer:

sorry to be so long at coming back to you she said she does have a short sharp pain some times so has told her to go and visit a clinic

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry that the chat is now in question answer mode but we can still talk here. You have guided her rightly. But having a sharp pain means that stones are possible but not necessarily. Anyhow don't worry she will be fine after antibiotics. I wish her good luck that she gets well soon. You also relax and don't worry, she is going to be ok. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards