DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

can one re- break a bone if set badly?

can one re- break a bone if set badly?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Yes you can have that done.
Actually it is a surgical procedure.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please to not forget a positive rating.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
simply use reply if needed
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how come your company told me last year it was not possible, please explain in more detail to my orginal question thanks

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I would need more detail.
But any bone that has heeled crookedly can under go surgical correction, in which the bone is corrected by taking a piece out, putting in a screw, etc.....
Have you seen an orthopedist?

This is not a practice...so I am wondering if you talked to someone else about this
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have spoken to a rather surly Doctor from Just answer, who gave no hope at all, that is why I am confused!

the toe in question was fused as a way around the problem, making it 10 times worse, now the old break is still there twisted as it set originally and I was told it could not be re-broken, but under the knife! not done as I had expected? what chances do I have left, toe now, is rigid, as it is painful to walk on as it is hits the floor first, all due to the fact the hospital refused to x-ray it before being set!! not nessassary as its only the 5th, which of course would affect my balance too.! as it is now painful to walk on.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I am not clear
Have you seen a surgeon, and what did he say?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he admitted that the operation was a failure, but I will not go back to him, as he did not do what we had agreed on, he says he could try something else, but when I saw the final x-ray, the radio-grapha was very troubled by this method, as being the worse thing any specialist could do!

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
So I would say yes it could still be fixed.
And I suggest another opinion hands on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you so much Dr. Thomas, I am still confused by your answer, as it does not answer the last Dr.s comments made by Just Answer, which conflict with you opinion and therefore who do I go to and who do I trust? are there any specialists that you know about, if so I would be most grateful for any guide lines as to who I can talk to who might have a sound name and reputation? thanks.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
The fact is that you need someone who can look at the films and examine you.
No one has a right to say no without that. AND, your doctor has told you that there is something else to try.
I would see a podiatrist. They have far more surgical experience with the foot.

Please to not forget a positive rating.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD