DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I need some advice please. i am 46 year old female slightly overweight, non smoker, when i

I need some advice please. i am 46 year old female slightly overweight, non smoker, when i wasyounger i found it difficult to keep up physically and never felt quite right. i have had 3 episodes since 2008 of chest pain, tightness, arm pain, sob, fatigue, feeling weakness, dizziness, exercise intolerance, and anxiety. The recent episode left me that fatigued and out of breath I could only walk about 20 steps and I had to rest to get my breath back. All three episodes have put me off work. The last tests I had were echocardiogram before the episode showed mild pulmonary stenosis, 2 ecgs normal no symptoms at time and tropin 4 days after initial symptoms. I asked my gp if I had angina she said no, I am seeing get my gp again tomorrow and I am currently. Seeing a cardiologist regarding palpitations which were occurring prior to this last episodes, he is unaware of the chest pain.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You need a stress test.
One can not say you don't have angina without a stress test.

For palpatations, a 24 hour holter monitor.

The cardiologist will likely do this.

Anxiety can cause all of these symptoms, but you have to rule out other problems.

Thyroid function blood tests should be done as well.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please to not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had a positive stress test in 2088 and normal thallium, systolic murmur

Thyroid ok, mild positive for lupus to be repeated

24/48 ecg normal. Currently have cardiac call

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
A positive stress test would mean there is heart disease and you need an angiogram.

Please to not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The cardiologist said an angiogram would be too invasive and ordered a thallium, this was 2008.

I have had symptoms on and off since then but the last episode was the worst. I am seeing my gp tomorrow should I ask him based on the positive stress test 6 years ago and continuing. Symptoms that I need an angiogram they said it was a false positive, I am very scared.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
If there is an issue you need an angiogram.
If the regular angiogram is considered too invasive you can have a CT angiogram.

Please to not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you I will discuss with my gp. I will pay privately if needed I live in uk and healthcare is paid for via national insurance.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
NHS should pay for it.
Please to not forget a positive rating.