Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

the frontal part of my wrist is painful, there is some redness

the frontal part of my wrist is painful, there is some redness and slight swelling in the middle only. The pain radiates to the palm
Hi-- where exactly is the pain located and redness located? No trauma involved? Does it hurt to flex your fingers--to make a fist?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

middle of inner part of wrist. Redness where it hurts with slight swelling.

OK Monica--again no trauma involved? Any chance of an insect bite? No break in the skin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nothing like that. Trauma, if it happened did not notice, am sure there was no insect bites and there is no break in the skin

Monica--just one more question--have you ever had problems with this wrist or any other joints before?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No never did. My hus band just reminded me that I was lifting a very heavy table to move it into place, Perhaps that did injure my wrist though at the time I did not notice

Glad you told me that Monica. This is tendonitis--inflammation of the tendons in the wrist most likely from the table lifting. For now you can apply ice and use either ibuprofen or Tylenol and it would be very helpful if you could get a wrist brace at the drug store to use for a few days. This should clear up in a few days but if it doesn't, have your doctor take a look because you may need a cortisone injection