Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I had s skin ulcer on my left shoulder. It appeared a few

I had s skin ulcer on my left shoulder. It appeared a few days after I got back from Thailnd. It was raw and oozing a bit. I put plasters on it for 5 days at the end of which time it healed up. But for the last 3 weeks the healed over ulcer is still a reddish colour but is not swollen or hard. I'm orried it is not fading in colour. What shoul I do?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 3 years ago.

Dr. D.J. :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Dr. D.J. :

Hi there,

This is Dr. D.J., experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Dr. D.J. :

redness alone is not concerning if you do not have any pain or warmth around the healed ulcer area.

Dr. D.J. :

The redness will gradually fade away over 6 to 12 weeks.

Dr. D.J. :

This is due to the formation of the healthy granulation tissue which will gradually be replaced by the normal skin.

Dr. D.J. :

You can try Tretinoin cream 0.025% daily over the area which will help with the faster recovery.

Dr. D.J. :

Tretinoin is vitamin A derivative and helps with redness and skin growth.

Dr. D.J. :

Best wishes,

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 3 years ago.
Dr. D.J. : The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.
Dr. D.J. : Hi there,
Dr. D.J. : redness alone is not concerning if you do not have any pain or warmth around the healed ulcer area.
Dr. D.J. : The redness will gradually fade away over 6 toXXXXX D.J. : This is due to the formation of the healthy granulation tissue which will gradually be replaced by the normal skin.
Dr. D.J. : You can try Tretinoin cream 0.025% daily over the area which will help with the faster recovery.
Dr. D.J. : Tretinoin is vitamin A derivative and helps with redness and skin growth.
Dr. D.J. : Best wishes