DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have a severe skin rash all over my body, arms and legs which

I have a severe skin rash all over my body, arms and legs which comes with chronic skin irritation, particularly at bedtime. Nothing so far has been successfully applied to my
skin. Phenergan and Piriton tabet have been proscribed and tried but are totally ineffective.
I have now been precribed Zoplicone 7mg, which appear to be primarily for sleep disorders. My bouts or irritation tend to be worst at night, so maybe this is deliberate,
Is this a common treatment? Thanks.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It is not only not a treatment for rash but without a diagnosis I would not continue to give meds for this rash.

Rashes that persist are not normal.

If your doctor can not tell what this is I would have it biopsied for the lab.

This will show if it is
autoimmune disease
infection
eczema
rare skin condition
allergy

and so on.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please to not forget a positive rating.

DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.