Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I suffer from depression,anxiety&ocd,been on Prozac for a number

I suffer from depression,anxiety&ocd,been on Prozac for a number of years for depression&ocd, can yo recommend an effective medication to calm a over active mind,also am aged 59,is it true that your libido decreases as you get older,(or does it depend on the individual),can you also explain to me factors that hinder/prevent obtaining an erection,ie,overweight,prozac,stress,age,possibly high cholestral,also when get an erection my penis is about 5&half inches long, yet a number off years ago it was 6&half inches long,(would this have something to do with being overweight around my belly,(although not obese), thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Can you list your meds for me?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

been on Prozac for mild depression&obsessive compulsion disorder for about 10 years,seems to have kept the depression at bay,although the ocd still occurs,same rituals,(counting into myself,continually checking switches of&windows closed before I leave the house,also regularly asking work colleagues did I say anything rude about them,i find the work situation stressful,hence this makes me anxious,hence more prone to say something untword,I am also hyper,eat.think,drink,fast,also get exicted in workplace,(tendency to shout),was on haloperidol for several years,(found it affected my sleep),could you recommend other medication/s to relax my racing mind&thoughts. thanks peter.

Thanks for this

Trazodone is what you need

The Prozac is causing your problem