Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hello My wife has a hard headache on top of head and little

My wife has a hard headache on top of head and little bit vertigo feel and some times her eyes out of controle
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your wife's discomfort due to her headache.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.First I need a little more information-

Since how long she has these symptoms of headache?
Does the headache increases with light or noise?
Any tests done so far?

I am waiting for your reply..

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Dr. Robert

Actually she has this complain about a year but not continuously, some days she is coming back from job (Professional Dancer) and she feels so bad. I was thinking it could be about a wrong motion in neck which cause the pain I did an MRI for neck and head which there was nothing. then my friend's wife advised me to give her tablet FEFOLE which is for Blood relief and I did so. It was ok for nearly 4 months but last night she had the same. I have few more thoughts if you think can be helpful.

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The symptoms of headache your wife is having seems to be due to migraine or a tension headache.Primary headache accounts for about 90% of all headaches.

Tension headache is the most common type of headache.It can be caused by tightened muscles in the back of the neck and scalp or in most cases the cause is unknown.Other causes can be neuralgia or temporal arteritis.

Migraine headache is a form of vascular headache and is by high stress periods,hormonal changes,irregular sleep,food habits,bad lifestyles etc..There can be various triggering agents.

CT scan & MRI scan of head usually come out to be normal.

This is not related to any twist or wrong motion in neck.

Most probable cause seems to be migraine or tension headache.

Treatment includes NSAID's like (actaminophen,ibuprofen), Triptans such as sumatriptan (Imitrex), rizatriptan (Maxalt).

The fefole pills you gave her is iron pills & has no role in treating the headache.

So for confirmation,I advice for your wife to make an appointment with neurologist for clinical examination so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr.

Are these the medicine's names or they are for my info sorry I am not good in medical general info

Dear Customer,
Thank you for asking follow up question.

Triptans such as sumatriptan (Imitrex), rizatriptan (Maxalt) are prescription medications and can be prescribed by doctor after clinical examination.

Till then give her tab.Ibuprofen 400mg or acetaminophen 500 mg from the counter.It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help her greatly in relief from headache.

Please do not forget to rate my answer as positive,as this is the only way by which we(experts) get paid for the service.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Hi JA customer

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Has your wife took tab.Ibuprofen 400mg?
Has she consulted the doctor?
What was final diagnosis made?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert