DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

what health problem causes diarrhea to last 6 weeks or mor

Customer Question

what health problem causes diarrhea to last 6 weeks or more
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.

I am Doctor Thomas, double board certified US doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will start by asking you a question or by giving you an answer based on your information provided so far. I will be here to follow up with any further questions or concerns you might have.

Many problems.
Any cause of colon inflammation, inflammatory bowel disease, colitis, parasites, and so on.
Fat malabsorbtion
Hyperthyroid.....

And other causes.

It should not last like this.

Even irritable bowel can do it.

You need to see an internal medicine for examination and testing...as soon as possible.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please to not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need to know how long the diarrhea will last

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
That depends on what is wrong with you and what your diagnosis is.
If it is inflammatory bowel disease, for example, without treatment, it is not going to go away.

If it is parasites, they would first need to be treated with the correct antibiotic.

So, as I said above, you need a doctor to exam you, take a stool sample, do lab tests, etc.....

Please to not forget a positive rating.