Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a very severe pain in the upper right quadrant it started

Customer Question

I have a very severe pain in the upper right quadrant it started over 3 weeks ago & is
now joined by a nasty sickness that I can only describe as thin bile, the colour of the bile is bright yellow & very bitter, it is getting worse.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 3 years ago.

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Hi there, This is Dr. D.J., experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

This is very concerning.

The right upper quadran pain with bright yellow bile suggests likely infection of the gallbladder.

This can be a serious infection.

Gallstone is another possibility which can cause blockage to the bile flow to the intestine required for normal food digestion.

Both these conditions should be looked at urgently with blood tests and ultrasound.

You should go to the hospital today for further evaluation.

You should only drink clear liquids for now till you are able to see a doctor.

Best wishes,