Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

my sodium level is considered to be below the normal range

Customer Question

my sodium level is considered to be below the normal range ie 136 mmol/L . how can rectify this.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. What exactly are your numbers? Do you have a diagnosed medical problem or any medication you are on? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

136 mmol/L

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
John thanks a lot for your input. The normal sodium level is from 135 to 145. So your ones is within this normal range. It is on lower side but still will be considered normal as it can't affect you badly in anyway. Yes i do have a simple suggestion that can help you to raise it further. For that you just need to take over the counter available Gatorade solution. Drink it at least 3 glass daily. Alternatively you can just add table salt in a glass of water (add as per taste) and drink thrice daily. In few days, your level will rise but for sure you don't need to be stressed at the level of 136 because it is within normal range. I wish you all the best for a happy and healthy life. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.