Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

bright fellow fluid coming from nostril

bright fellow fluid coming from nostril
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

This is Dr. David

this fluid could be from spring allergies

or from a sinus infection or viral infection.

you should see a doctor about it and see if allergy medications help your symptoms

you might need a course of antibiotics as well

or nasal steroid spray to help with allergies

how long has this been going on?

do you have a doctor you can see?

Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Since how long you have this? Any fever (if yes how high), nasal obstruction, cheek pain, headache, sore throat etc? What have you tried so far? I am an ear, nose and throat specialist and can help you? Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I first saw this bright yellow fluid early last year for 2days and now it has been since Tuesday to now.

yes, had a temperature last Saturday to monday; burning pain in my forehead and right eye socket; a mild sore throat; nasal obstruction and itchy cheek.

I have tried nothing

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am really sorry to hear about your problem. As per symptoms, the bright yellow fluid is due to sinus infection. If you have fever more than 101, it is more likely to bacterial but if you have fever less than 101 then it is more likely to be viral. Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations over the counter available xylometazoline nasal spray 2 puffs thrice daily for five days, over the counter available tab claritin once daily for 10 days, over the counter available mucinex twice daily for 7 days, over the counter available tab aleve twice daily for 3 days and steam inhalation with menthol drops twice daily for 10 days can be really helpful. Xylometazoline nasal spray can only be used if there is no diagnosed heart or blood pressure problem. If symptoms persist after 2 days or if you currently have fever more than 101, you should visit doctor as you may need antibiotic. But don't worry because nothing is serious and you are going to be OK. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.