Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Ok heres my problem. Im a male when I was 13 and my sister

Customer Question

Ok here's my problem. I'm a male when I was 13 and my sister was 11 I touched her vagina and put a finger in it just a little and touched her nipple and showed her my penis. It only ever happened once. I am so ashamed of it and hate myself for it. What should I do?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

you should talk to a psychotherapy counselor about it and get it off of your chest.

Dr. David :

this was a mistake when you were very young and you should not be carrying the guilt of it for so many years.

Dr. David :

talking to a therapist about it can help decrease how much guilt you are feeling from it.

Customer: I feel it was wrong and I may have damaged my sister who I love somehow. We have a good relationship but sometimes I worry this will effect us in the future and am so ashamed and guilty about it. My room was getting decorated and I had to stay in hers and my hormones wer raging I guess.
Dr. David :

I understand.

Dr. David :

are you willing to talk to a therapist about it.

Dr. David :

I think it would help you.

Customer: Is it normal to have sexual contact among siblings of that age?
Dr. David :

I don't think this is considered sexual contact.

Dr. David :

more like curiosity at a young age.

Customer: What is it then? Iv felt so guilty about if for years. I put my finger in her a little.
Dr. David :

this is sexual curiosity and exploration at a young age.

Dr. David :

you didn't know what sex was when you were 13 years old.

Dr. David :

so it wasn't sexual for you.

Customer: Yes I would talk to a therapist but I'm afraid of getting judged an that people will think I'm some kind of a monster or molester or something.
Dr. David :

a good therapist would not judge you

Dr. David :

you are not a monster at 13 years of age.

Dr. David :

you would be doing the right thing to get help and talk to a therapist.

Dr. David :

this would be the right thing for you to do.

Customer: We'll I knew wat masturbation was at that age not sex though
Dr. David :

that is fine.

Dr. David :

talking to a therapist will help you decrease the amount of guilt you feel over this.

Dr. David :

and will help you move on

Dr. David :

I hope it helps

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions.

Dr. David :

if done for now, please leave positive feedback below the chat box

Dr. David :

you can always reach me as Dr. David if you have other questions.

Customer: Ok I just feel that I may have damaged my sister in some way is all. Or somehow recked her life.
Customer: Ok I will do thank you.
Dr. David :

I don't think so.

Dr. David :

I would talk to a therapist about it.

Dr. David :

I'm sure she has long forgotten the incident at age 11.

Customer: Ok thanks for your help.
Dr. David :

you are welcome

Dr. David :

good luck to you

Dr. David :

don't forget to leave positive feedback below

Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician