DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi my name isXXXXX have been unwell for the past 3-4 weeks.

Hi my name isXXXXX have been unwell for the past 3-4 weeks. I attended casulty around 3 weeks ago a doctor said i had a stomach bug. I had blood tests which were normal and an ECG which was normal.I had diahorrea and vomiting. The doctor said to drink fluids and take an anti-sickness tablet and it would go. I am now down in London on holiday since last thursday and still feeling nausea. I am now getting a burning sensation in my gut area with severe pain which grips me rising to underneath the breast bone expanding out to my chest and back area. It lasts around 10 minutes and then reverts to a dull ache then finally goes but leaving a dull ache. This happens about times per day.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
This sounds like a stomach ulcer or gastritis, or acid reflux.
You need specific testing and medication.
Stool test for hidden blood
H pylori test to see if you have the ulcer bacteria. if so, you need the correct antibiotics.
Repeat EKG.

I would do this today.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].