Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hello,I had a serve case of diarrhea,just over two weeks ago

Hello,I had a serve case of diarrhea,just over two weeks ago and after it I had a pain around my anus for 3 days.I have now notice a soft lump on the outside of my anus which is painless and also there is no bleeding.Would this be a external hemorrhoid?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Yes,most likely the lump you are having is due to external hemorrhoids.

Hemorrhoids are swollen, inflamed veins around the anus or lower rectum.Too much pressure on the veins in the pelvic and rectal area causes hemorrhoids.

Because of the diarrhea,you had over two weeks ago,this causes the pressure on the veins of rectum resulting in hemorrhoids.

The treatment of hemmorhoids includes local anesthetics like Benzocaine 5% to 20% (Americaine Hemorrhoidal),applying vasoconstrictors like Ephedrine sulfate 0.1% to 1.25%.These make the blood vessels become smaller, which may reduce swelling.

You need to increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables as they contain lots of fiber.

High-fiber foods include beans, whole grains and bran cereals, fresh fruits, and vegetables such as asparagus,brussels sprouts,cabbage, and carrots.

If still after this the lump persists or there is pain or there is blood in stool,then you need to consult your doctor for examination & the prescription medications accordingly.

So your answer is yes,most likely & most probably this lump is due to external hemorrhoids.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert