DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have a progesterone level of 1.04 and LH of 42.7, Prolactin

Customer Question

I have a progesterone level of 1.04 and LH of 42.7, Prolactin of 27.0 and FSH of 5.86 in the hormone assay I did and am trying to conceive, please tell me what to do and what to improve. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 3 years ago.
Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

I am Dr. Kaushik and i believe i can help you with your query.

Kindly please mention what day of your menstrual cycle / menstrual period did you get these levels checked because the levels fluctuate over the span of menstrual cycle ? For example the levels of these homrones are different in the preovulatory phase from the levels done in the mid of cycle.

I shall get back to you once you reply to my query.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Because my period cycle flunctuate between 32 and 35 days, I had it done on the 23rd day of my menstrual cycle according to doctors request.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
These levels do not say anything about your fertility.

How long have you been trying to get pregnant?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Last year

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
And have you seen a fertility specialist?
You and your husband?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We've seen a general doctor and he conducted test for my husband and said all is okay with him and ask me to do hormonal assay test and that is my result, am just thinking out loud and wondering if everything is okay or if there's something I need to improve and how to improve.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
On your labs should be reference ranges for each value...do you see those
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes for LH- 5-30ml, for FSH 5- 25ml, for Prolactin 2-30ml and for progesterone 4- 25ml.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
I don't see any indication of infertility just by these numbers.
There are other tests that need to be done however.

Read this page carefully
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/infertility/basics/tests-diagnosis/con-20034770

Both you and your husband need to be seen by a fertility specialist at this point.

Your GP can refer you.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].