DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hiya, im really struggling at the minute. Ive convinced myself

Customer Question

Hiya, im really struggling at the minute. Ive convinced myself ive got a brain tumour or some kind of brain condition and im going to die at any minute

Please help
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
What is your specific question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I feel really spaced out and unreal and wanted to know if this could be related to a brain tumour or something else? I was discussing it earlier but was told to open a new question
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I see no previous questions in you history, but that could be a glitch.
What is your medical history....

My the way this does not sound like a brain tumor at all....I am not sure why you think so....do you have a diagnosis of anxiety?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have never been diagnosed with any physical illness. However i have been diagnosed with anxiety by my gp. Im struggling to believe that is what this is as feel so terrible
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
It most likely is
But the important thing is , what treatment are you receiving?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have been put onto medication and am awaiting counselling. Ive felt like this for 8 weeks now. Im really scared. I think im dying
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
What medicine, what dose, how long
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ive been put in sertraline. Was on 50mg for 3 weeks been upped to 100mg now which has been just over 1 week
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
So that is reasonable and it can take 6 weeks for it to be working.
And therapy is a good idea as well.
You don't have symptoms of a brain tumor, so it is clearly your anxiety that is doing this.....I say that as long as your doctor has done a good examination.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ive had blood tests done for thyroid, blood count, liver function, kidney function etc. also had blood pressure checked, checked behind my eyes and done some balance tests. I feel so spacey 24/7 like im not really here. Its like part of me is dead and the little bit of me which is left could die any minute. Could this really be anxiety?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Yes it can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What can i do to reduce this spacey feeling? I really feel like im dying
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Give your medicine 6 weeks.
Relax
Start an exercise program with your doctors supervision.
Take magnesium with your doctors supervision..this is often relatively deficient in this situation.
Eat an anti inflammatory diet....

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So from my symptoms do you defo think im not dying? It feels so real to me im scared to sleep. Even sitting on the sofa im uncomfortable and cant settle
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
There is no indication at all that you are dying.
Please click a positive rating, then find me as needed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So the spacey unreal feelings cant be anything serious? I dont understand how i could be do sure if im not
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You have already seen your doctor, and the normal labs and exam make sure.
A brain tumor would be very distinctive on neuro exam. If there are no findings at all per your doctor..it is then reasonable to treat for anxiety.

If that does not help, it is quite simple to get an MRI scan of the brain, which will rule out any tumor, and give you peace of mind.

Please click a smiley face; THEN, if you have another question, come back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you think my issues are related to any kind of brain condition. The spacey unreal not there feeling will not go away?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
There is no way to say that until you have the anxiety treated effectively.
Anxiety is a brain condition by the way.
You are not giving any evidence for any other type of brain condition.

I am sorry, but I still do not see a positive rating on any of my answers...this is the only way we are paid by ja, per positive rating.

I hope there is not a problem with my work.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry i forgot to do that. I will give you an excellent rating.

What do you mean by theres no way to tell?

I just want to know im not going to die im so scared.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Once you respond to treatment, you will know it is anxiety.
Please rate.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ive rated you now, i cant get counselling for a while and i dont know how to cope.

I feel like im slowly dying and every1 is just letting it happen
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In your expert opinion from my symptoms and how ill i feel and the tests ive had done etc. is there any possibility this could be a ilness or serious condition?

Are you sure this is anxiety?

This will be my last question, i just want to know

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
We can not diagnose you on this site.
I have given you a number or possibilities.
It sounds like anxiety.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I know you cant officially diagnose me.

You havnt given any other possibility but anxiety.

I just want to know what this spaciness could possibly be its like im not even in my body. I just want some help i just know im going to die?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I think it is anxiety.

It sounds like stress and worry.
There is nothing you have said to make me think it is a brain problem.

Your doctor has done a lot of testing...blood tests.

What I would check is
routine labs
thyroid blood test
magnesium levels
urinalysis.

If all of these are normal, I think it is anxiety.

Hypothyroid could cause your symptoms for example.