Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

What is the best tests for woman with high risk of cancer.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--are you asking if you need any other testing for ovarian cancer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes is there any other ovarian test or should i do any other test to rule out colon cancer or other diseases. Pain is on left lower side. more in stomach area, above left ovary. never excruciating pain but consistant nagging pain for about a year. about a 4 out 10.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
The CEA level can test for colon cancer Jennifer but with a normal ct scan and--I assume you had this--a normal clonoscopy, you really don't need any other tests. As for your pain, while it could be muscular but it could also be a small abdominal wall hernia or something called irritable bowel syndrome. I think you can lay any concern about ovarian or colon cancer aside