Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I have an umbillical hernia which does not cause me pain but

I have an umbillical hernia which does not cause me pain but I have a rash which looks like dried skin and is sometimes painful. Can you suggest a dermatological cream I can use that is available from a pharmacy.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question.

Do you have associated itching with rash?
For how long you have this rash?
Associated blister or bump with rash?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no itching, had rash for about 8 months, tried antiseptic creams, no blister, it is inflamed with a covering like looks like dry skin which can be picked/ rubbed off.

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.

I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.

It sounds to be eczema(Dermatitis),

This is a hypersensitivity reaction (similar to an allergy) which occurs in the skin, causing inflammation. The inflammation causes the skin to become reddish and inflamed.

Exposure to environmental irritants can worsen symptoms, as can dryness of the skin, exposure to water, temperature changes, and stress.

You can use OTC hydrocortisone cream, and can use once or twice a day.

A course of treatment of up to seven days is usually sufficient. It is used to treat mild inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis. This cream would be very effective in treating such symptoms.

Also, you can take OTC tablet Zyrtec once a day for one week. After bathing, it is important to trap the moisture in the skin by applying lubricating cream on the skin while it is damp. Temperature changes and stress may cause sweating and aggravate the condition.

Please use above mentioned cream, for atleast one week. It is available in your place by name- Hc45 hydrocortisone cream.

Hope this helped.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.