DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My grandson aged 8 years has an internal growth just above

My grandson aged 8 years has an internal growth just above his knee to the right of the thigh bone. If this is a tumour is it likely to be cancerous?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It is not likely to be cancer.

Particularly if it is soft tissues, which is what your are saying...it is not on the bone.

Of course, an MRI needs to be done, x ray is not enough, and then see if a biopsy is needed.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, sorry Doctor Thomas, they are saying a biopsy is planned. What is the likely outcome please?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
That is impossible to say, but I suspect this is a benign lesion.
Soft tissue lesions can be from injury, from fat cells, etc.

I would not jump right to the idea of cancer.