Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hi, I have had a problem with my for a few years now,

I have had a problem with my anus for a few years now, specifically when passing stool. When wiping I began to notice some tenderness and what felt like a lump. On examination I found that something was slipping out of the anus when I was passing stool, and I learned to push this back in with a finger before cleaning the area thoroughly. This is not such a problem when I am at home, but it can become a real issue if I have to use the toilet when out and about.

Lately I have noticed a feeling of fullness or an awareness of the area after passing a stool. I have also noticed that when I pass wind it sounds strained.

I exercise 5 times a week and eat healthily.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

This is most likely a hemorrhoid

Any bleeding?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr Phil.

No bleeding no. I have attached a photo for you, taken just after bowel movement.

This is a huge thrombosed hemorrhoid or pile

Your GP should look at it and you need a referral to a surgeon to take care of this. It can be cured with minor surgery.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please note that this only protrudes after passing a stool. Once I replace it with a finger it resolves and the anus appears normal. I have had this problem for over 2 years now, is it possible that this could just be a hemorrhoid given my history?

Absolutely.

This is common with an internal hemorrhoid and actually quite typical

The stool pushes out the hemorrhoid which can then be pushed back in

I'm quite sure it's a hemorrhoid but you should always have it looked at in person
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay thanks. I have been very anxious about a cancerous tumour of some kind - you don't think I should be concerned about that?

No I don't

Very very likely that this is a thrombosed internal hemorrhoid

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)