DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi I had achilles rature on dec. Ive been in a cast and boot.

Hi I had achilles rature on dec. Ive been in a cast and boot. Non op. So ive been on physio since jan . But still aint got strength in the leg have I rapture my tendon again?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I am Doctor Thomas, double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will start by asking you a question or by giving you an answer based on your information provided so far. I will be here to follow up with any further questions or concerns you might have.
You need an MRI scan of the tendon to see how it is doing.

If you have been in a boot and a case, muscular strength can deteriorate for that reason. This will require a lot of physical therapy.

Your ortohpedist should be able to tall by exam if you are OK.

If there is any uncertainty, MRI is needed.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].