Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

i have had the T3 & T4 thyroid test done & im told im with

i have had the T3 & T4 thyroid test done & i'm told i'm with the limits but i still think there is something wrong with my thyroid. I'm tired all the time i.m putting on weight no matter how i try i go to gym twice a week & i walk 3 mornings a week for about an hour each time.by late afternoon I'm so bloated i have to remove my bra & open my waistband please tell me what to do tillie
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
This is Dr. David

what has your TSH levels been?

you need your TSH levels between 0.3 and 3.0

have you had your iron levels checked, B12, iron, folate, vitamin D levels checked?

low levels of these can cause fatigue.

when you walk, are you getting your heart rate up above 110-130 beats for minute for 30-40 minutes?

have you had blood testing to check your liver and kidney function?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

every year i have my full blood count suger cholesterl liver kidney iron & every thing was good. i also had an e.c.g done because i was having chest pains my heart is ok. but i still have the terrible & bloating. i eat healthy but i can't lose weight or get rid of the tiredness or bloating. i don't know what too do any more. please help'

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry you are still gaining weight

are you willing to meet with a dietitian and do a calorie count with her to see how many calories you are eating a day?

are you willing to meet with a physical therapy training to go over your exercise regimen for you?

you should see a GI doctor as well and get tested for lactose allergy and glutten allergy which could be causing bloating and gas for you.

you might need more heart testing like a cardiac stress test or a cardiac echocardiogram to better evaluate the heart. an EKG sometimes is not enough. your team will want more heart testing if you are planning on doing more exercise.
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician