Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

one week ago i devloped a blister on the ball of my right foot.

Customer Question

one week ago i devloped a blister on the ball of my right foot. it appears to be healing as it dose not hurt. i am tryimg to not walk around so much to continue to let it heal as the new skin grows in. My concern or question is that it has a reddish color to it around the outside of the blistered area which does not seem to be getting better. There is no pain and I clean my foot nightly when showering. I add a small amount of an antibacterial ointment at night to assure it soes not become infected. I have Type II diabetes and am aware if a wound does not heal it can lead to more serious comlpications.

My earliest Dr. appointment is until April 3rd.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

I am glad you are keep the area clean.

Dr. David :

if there is no worsening pain and swelling and pus and warmth there, then it doesn't sound infected.

Dr. David :

a slight amount of redness is common as the body is trying to increase blood flow to the area to improve healing.

Dr. David :

that is a good idea you are using neosporin.

Dr. David :

make sure you wear clean socks daily

Dr. David :

avoid going in sandals and bare feet.

Dr. David :

I am glad you are seeing your doctor in a week.

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions.

Dr. David :

hello?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i will be returning to work in a few days and will be walking around some. i will try to reduce walking as much as possible. i am sure this will impact the healing and may prolong it. Other than what i am currently doing do you have any suggestions for me to treat my foot after work. I wear big steel toe boots at work and cannot do anything about this as it is ajob requirement. I do place a couple of band aids on the wound to provide cushion and some protection to the area.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
use neosporin on the area and cover with a bandage.

you might also want to wear thick socks to help with increase cushioning of the area

when you get home try to air out your feet and elevate your feet as much as you can

I'm sure you are working hard at keeping the area as clean as possible.

your doctor's appointment is only one week away.

make sure your glucose control is as good as possible

good luck

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com