Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have just changed my hrt prescription from femosten 1/10

Customer Question

I have just changed my hrt prescription from femosten 1/10 to a patch - Evorel Conti. What is the difference between Evorel Conti and FemSeven Conti with regard to dosage. I am wanting to keep the dosage as low as is possible. I see that Evorel Conti is 3.2mg estradiol whereas FemSeven Conti is 1.5mg estradial. Please could you clarify the difference as I understand both deliver 50mcg over a 24 hour period.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Evoral conti. 50mcg estradiol and 170 mcg norethisterone daily
Fem seven conti. 50 mcg estrogen and 7 mcg levonorgestrel daily

the difference is only the type of progesterone. This is needed to protect the uterine lining from overgrowth and cancer in those women that have a uterus. The two patches are identical in terms of function and effect

the estrogen dose is exactly the same