Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi There I had a fall 5 days ago, I am taking medication ie

Hi There
I had a fall 5 days ago, I am taking medication ie painkillers and anti inflammatory tablets, the fall was severe, and my back badly swollen, my stomach has also gone hard and swollen, what I want to know is I have been on a diet for a few months, and losing on average 2lbs per week, when I weighed this week my weight was up by six pounds, would the swelling and bruising contribute to this
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can you tell me more about what's going on with your stomach?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the top part of my stomach has gone hard and bloated, slight pain when I press or cough.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Can you tell me exactly what happened with the fall George and is does the bloated part of your stomach movable--can you push it into your abdomen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was coming down the stairs, and slipped on the bottom three, I landed on my feet, but lost balance and fell back hitting the bottom of my back,

it was a hard blow, like getting hit with a baseball bat, yes I can push the stomach into my abdomen, albeit a bit painful, I am not up on medical problems, I was assuming if my back had such a blow the back of my stomach may be bruised to, have not got a clue, I was just puzzled about the weight increase and if it could be related

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK George--yes swelling and bruising could cause the weight gain but my concern is that you may actually have either a liver or spleen laceration and there's blood accumulating in your abdomen. The one thing you need to do right away is have a doctor look at this and I myself would get a ct scan of your abdomen just to make sure this isn't something very serious