DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I woke up one morning and experienced some pain on a particular

I woke up one morning and experienced some pain on a particular spot around the head of my penis, I ignore it for two days but it persist, it later develop high sensitivity on one side around the head of the penis, it made it painful if any material rub against the head of the penis. I went to a hospital and the doctor asked if I have ever seen any form of discharge from the tip of the penis I said NO he prescribed the following drugs for me.
1.
After four days of taking the drugs I felt sick feverish weakness.
after one week, the sickness persisted , I was advised to drop some drugs maybe it’s a side effect. So I stopped doxycycline and metronidazole.
Two weeks later, I visited another clinic and suggested for a test, They took urine sample for VDLR test but the test yield negative result. Hydrocortisone was prescribed to apply on the infected area suspecting a fungal infection.
Few weeks later I observed a colorless discharge after I finished urinating.. I went back to the doctor and explained the recent development with the old symtoms still active he pays less attention suspecting psychological trauma he prescribed some sleeping pills which I ignored to take.
After like a month the condition was increasingly deteriorating with all the previous symptoms the penis started shirinkin and becoming small with extra skin and become very tender with a lot of weakness in my body stomach upset some times I barely go to work. I consulted another doctor, the following drugs where prescribed.
1 afloxacin for two weeks
2 Argumentum
3 Metronidazole
4 gestid.
Byocotem ointment
The discharge stops after some days of the treatment but the remaining symptoms still active, the entire length of the penis some times picks up a disturbing pain. After two weeks of completing the last treatment the discharge returns.
After a month I took Zithromax… still no improvement….
I later went for a SWAB TEST the culture yields strepp app which I think is the short form of streptococcus with the list of sensitive antibiotics for the bacteria, among the list of the sensitive drugs the doctor choose gentamicin injection(IM) for seven days, I got some relief for two weeks aftrer the treatment, but the discharge returns after two weeks of the treatment
Another swab sample was taken the same result was revealed, levofloxacin was choosing among the list of the sensitive antibiotics for 14 days, the discharge stops immediately I started the treatment but after three weeks of the treatment the discharge returns….

I AM PRESNTLY EXPERIENCING THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS
1 Discharge after passing urine
2 Pain around the head of the penis
3 Irritation when hard material rub against the head of the penis like jeans
4 Pain after ejaculation
5 cold testicles bag and the head of the penis especially in the night.
5 moist on the testicle bag especially in the night.
6 ulcers in my mouth OFF and ON
7 some rash at the back of my shoulders
8 Penis Tenderness and shirnking

QUESTIONS.
what could be my problem?

• Is this curable?
• Is there a confirmation test for the infection?
if yes how can i get tested?

• Is streptococcus associated with the symptoms am experiencing?
• Should I be worried?

Thank you doctor I rilly appreciate your time
Waiting for your kind response.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

Strep is a skin contaminant.

I doubt this is the pathogen.
An it would not account for all of your symptoms.

Have you had a prostate exam?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No idint

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
OK
Here is what I would suggest.
See a urologist.

Have a prostate exam, then a culture of any fluid.

Prostate infection can often be chronic.
One of the antibiotics clearly helped.

I don't believe that many of your other symptoms are related to this....however, I suggest you also consider seeing a rheumatologist.
Urethral inflammation with mouth ulcers can be a specific autoimmune disease, called Behcet's disease. An internist or rheumatologist can help identify this, which would fit more of your symptoms.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].

DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this Behcet's disease u are talking about is it an std? wht could be the caue of the disease and which part of the body does it attack? are some of the symptoms related to Behcet's disease?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
No, it is an autoimmune disease. I don't think you have an STD.
It is of unknown cause, but is considered autoimmune. I have told you that it affects the mouth and urethra. And can cause some of your other symptoms. But you need an exam by the right doctor...this might all be nothing more than chronic prostatitis and too many antibiotics.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok doctor this prostatitis is it curable? does it have any complications?

and i will need a recommendation from u on the hospital i shud go to have all these throughrally checked.....if it is considred necessary i am from nigeria, i may need a contact for easy access and process pls

i dont want to go back to my previous clinics as the results tends to be unsatisfactory i have been with this for long and taking wrong medication and diagonosis, am here now hoping to get all the help i may need

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is curable. No complications other than being chronic.
I can not give you a hospital recommendation in Nigeria.
That is not part of this service and I am in the US.

However, there is nothing wrong with you asking the current clinic for a different contact.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can this prostate infection cause my penis to be tender and some times develop more skin then usual?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
It would not cause it to develop more skin than usual.
It can cause the penis to feel tender.