Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have an atrophy on my pancreas.ithasbeen suggested I have

I have an atrophy on my pancreas.ithasbeen suggested I have a pancreatomy but drs don't think I am robust enough for the op.what I need to askis what will happen if I don't have the operation.?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Phil, MD :

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Dr. Phil, MD :

please enter chat

Dr. Phil, MD :

standing by

Dr. Phil, MD :

Hi I'm Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil, MD :

Can I ask your first name?

Customer: Hi I am miranda
Dr. Phil, MD :

Hi Miranda

Dr. Phil, MD :

Nice to meet you

Customer: And you dr.
Dr. Phil, MD :

Are they suspecting cancer?

Dr. Phil, MD :

they must be suspecting something bad to go as far as to take out the pancreas

Customer: its more me that is afraid it will turn into cancer.am really scared...am not very robust,and I have cops as we'll.
Customer: copd
Dr. Phil, MD :

Okay this is a huge operation

Dr. Phil, MD :

I agree that you should not have it done unless we are strongly suspecting cancer or a high probability of cancer

Customer: yes..I have been told that...how can I find out.? From the surgeon,orthedrs down here?
Dr. Phil, MD :

No, from a gastro doc

Dr. Phil, MD :

I highly doubt this will turn into cancer though

Dr. Phil, MD :

If it is just pancreas atrophy, that doesn't turn into cancer

Customer: really?
Dr. Phil, MD :

yes

Customer: that is encouraging
Dr. Phil, MD :

Did doctors tell you it will be cancer because it never really does

Customer: One of the gastro team drs said once that if I was afraid of cancer,having the op might be a way of avoiding it.but if what you say is is true,it could be left? None of the team a have said I will get cancer .
Dr. Phil, MD :

absolutely it can be left

Dr. Phil, MD :

have a gastro doctor follow it with CAT scans over time

Dr. Phil, MD :

maybe a yearly CAT scan for a while to watch it

Customer: and it's ok in your opinion to leave it.yes,I have had a myriad of ct,s. And other tests besides
Dr. Phil, MD :

yes it is okay to watch it over time

Dr. Phil, MD :

absolutely

Dr. Phil, MD :

Is this helpful Miranda?

Customer: is it ok tolerate a dying organ? Yes,it is helpful because I was recently told by a text service called any questions,that it had to come out because it would end up killing me.
Dr. Phil, MD :

No, not at all

Dr. Phil, MD :

The organ has other function like it secretes insulin and you could become diabetic

Dr. Phil, MD :

and it secretes digestive enzymes that may need to be taken orally but it won't turn into cancer

Customer: Yes,I am query borderline diabetic.and I do take Creon when I eat..I am reassured by what you say,and you clearly knoŵ what you are talking about..
Dr. Phil, MD :

yes of course :)

Dr. Phil, MD :

I am an internist well trained in GI

Dr. Phil, MD :

So I think you are doing everything appropriate

Dr. Phil, MD :

watch the diabetes, watch the pancreatic enzymes and have periodic scans

Dr. Phil, MD :

you will be fine Miranda :)

Customer: :)I do hope so. Dr. Phil..hope I've got the right name.
Dr. Phil, MD :

yes you do :)

Dr. Phil, MD :

Did I do excellent for you?

Customer: most excellent thank you.so basically,monitor with regular scans,and keep doing what I'm doing...?
Dr. Phil, MD :

exactly :)

Dr. Phil, MD :

would you mind rating positive for me?

Customer: not at all.
Dr. Phil, MD :

thank you miranda

Dr. Phil, MD :

good luck and nice meeting you :)

Dr. Phil, MD :

I appreciate the rating greatly :)

Customer: You are welcome.,and thank you very much.nice meeting you too.:)
Dr. Phil, MD :

you too :)

Dr. Phil, MD :

good luck Miranda

Customer: Thank you very much.good luck to you as well.:)
Dr. Phil, MD :

welcome :)

Customer: may meet you again on chat if I have some more questions.ya never know.go well.:)
Dr. Phil, MD :

yes you can

Dr. Phil, MD :

just ask for Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil, MD :

or request me specifically

Customer: Will do.:)
Dr. Phil, MD :

thank you. please don't forget to click that positive rating

Dr. Phil, MD :

I appreciate it

Customer: dont you worry.i will deffo click it.and I really appreciate your help and suggestions you have made.
Dr. Phil, MD :

you're very welcome Miranda

Dr. Phil, MD :

Have a great weekend :)

Customer: thanx.and you have a great weekend also..:)
Dr. Phil, MD :

thanks. good night

Customer: good night dr.phil
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)