Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I get "pins and needles" symptoms all over my body, and at

I get "pins and needles" symptoms all over my body, and at worst , my head as well.
My mind then goes blank and it prevents me thinking and my eyes get tired
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Since how long you have this sensation of pins & needles ?
Any tests done so far?
Do you have any other known medical illness?

I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

At intervals since 1987 when I had a breakdown.

They've disappeard sometimes for significant times but as a condition I'm never quite rid of it.

I was diagnosed bipolar around the end of the 1990's and have taXXXXX XXXXXthium 400 since then, it does me no harm physically (regular blood tests) but it doesn't treat the physical symptoms

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The pins & needle sensation you are having is medically called as tingling sensation.It can have all kinds of different causes, as it is a symptom of many different diseases.

It usually arises from damage or disease of nerves.Its most common causes are:nerve compression syndromes, pressure on the spinal nerves such as that due to a herniated disk,high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke,transient ischemic attack.

Also this can be due to :Underactive thyroid,abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body,lack of vitamin B12,certain medications.

The underlying cause of tingling(pins & needle) sensation should be identified and then treated by your doctor.

You need following tests:

-Electromyography(EMG)
-Nerve conduction studies,
-Electro physiological studies
-Nerve conduction velocity (NCV)

As your tingling sensation comes after intervals,without these tests,it is quite difficult to narrow down the diagnosis.

So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with neurologist to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Hi JA customer

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you consulted the neurologist?
What was the final diagnosis made?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert