Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

I am not the patient , My sister is facing a lot of issue and

Customer Question

I am not the patient , My sister is facing a lot of issue and she is not doing well , I think she needs to Consulted a psychiatrist
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer

so your question here is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just want to confirm that I am not the patient , the patient is my sis , 29 year old married and she has one son 3 year old, she is always Nervous and loss control sometime , she feel that nobody care of her , she try to kill her son once and that make to search and see what i can do for her.

is there any details should i send ?

Expert:  Dr Mask replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information and for your patience :)

Have these problems started after the delivery of the baby?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't think so she was same when she went to high school and the collage but was limit and now the issues begin to be bigger , we also i can not to control because she left her hometown and live far away , she back to homeland once a year , last year she was same but this year is worst.

Expert:  Dr Mask replied 2 years ago.
Thank you again for the additional information

The symptoms are really worrisome specially considering her history of having tried to kill her own son (as you have mentioned in the original question)

This makes things much more complicated and yes she definitely needs a psychiatric consult. However during the time that you get to take her to a psychiatrist it would be best to not let her go back and try not to leave her and the child out of sight/un-monitored.

So please take this issue as an emergency and make the visit to a psychiatrist on the earliest so that appropriate medication can be started along side counseling.

Hope this helped you understand the situation and helped you make the optimal decision :)

If satisfied please do remember to click on positive Rating (Preferably number 5 please) If you need further clarification please do let me know instead of any rating.

Warm regards
Dr MASK
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience: MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I understand that she must go to see an psychiatrist but how we can Persuade her to do that , she defiantly will not accept , she is consider herself as very successful person and she is in her Job , but at home she became anther person. is there any way to do that ?

Expert:  Dr Mask replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the follow up :)

I can understand that it may turn out to be very difficult in some people to understand their need for a visit to a psychiatrist and this makes it even harder for the loved ones to help them.

But please do understand her son is in danger around her, specially if left un-supervised.

People do tend to act differently in different environments. So yes that is very possible for her to show a variation of personality at work place and home.

So in conclusion, although I do agree that it would be a very difficult task to persuade her to be taken to a psychiatrist however you, and all those that care for her, would have to take her to a psychiatrist on the earliest and if that is some how not possible very soon then at least the baby being in danger should be reported to the appropriate authorities before he is harmed. And if no such authority is there then perhaps one of you, the relatives, needs tgo be around her all the time to keep an eye on her an the child.

Hope this helped you further understand the situation :)

Best wishes
Dr MASK