Dr Mask
Dr Mask, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS with 06 years Clinical Exposure in Surgery & Internal Medicine
27212923

I have a small number of what seem to be warts on my penis.

Customer Question

I have a small number of what seem to be warts on my penis. is there any non-sexual way I could have got them?
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer

The cause for these warts is HPV and these can be spread by skin to skin contact or through sharing of sex toys.

So although penetration/sex is not required for their spread still skin contact is needed.

Hope this helped you understand the situation :)

If satisfied please do remember to click on Positive rating (preferably number 5 please) If you need further clarification please do let me know instead of any rating.

Warm regards
Dr MASK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could I have got them through touching the hand of a person who has them and then going to the toilet and touching my own penis?

Expert:  Dr Mask replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the follow up :)

Although the most common source of transmission is skin to skin contact but Yes that can be a possibility although the likelihood may be low for this mode of transmission. Other possible sources to get the virus on hands followed by warts can even be through turning door knobs or even using a keyboard.

Hope this helped you understand the situation better :)

Best Wishes
Dr MASK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so can I be really clear - if I touched the hand of a person who had just been to the toilet themselves and touched their own penis and then went to the toilet myself and touched my own penis to urinate, I could end up with these warts?

Expert:  Dr Mask replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the follow up :)

Yes provided he/she did not wash his/her hands after using the toilet. Not properly washing hands after being to the toilet may be a bit less likely. However more likely situation can be you turning the knob of the washroom or other door that was just touched by a person who had not as yet washed his/her hands and then having touched your own penile skin afterwards as you entered the washroom.

Hope this helps further :)

Best Regards
Dr MASK