DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi I am 58 and after a sore red throat lasting 8 months had

Hi I am 58 and after a sore red throat lasting 8 months had a throat scan. A single spongelike nodule was demonstrated in the superior aspect of the left lobe of the thyroid measuring 4.0 x 2.4 x 4.2mm. Could it cause my sore throat and should I have it removed.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.

I am Doctor Thomas, double board certified US doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will start by asking you a question or by giving you an answer based on your information provided so far. I will be here to follow up with any further questions or concerns you might have.

It should not cause a sore throat.

It should be biopsied with a skinny needed for the lab if there is a concern.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What I did not mention in my first question is a constantly hoarse voice and sensation feel of swallowing against a lump in my throat.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
This is more likely from GERD....acid reflux.
An ENT doctor can look down into your throat and see if this looks like the case.

DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.